What is Amazon Prime Video and how the subscription works?
Initially, we want to tell you that Amazon Prime Video is not a new service in the market. It is there for the last 16 years and it was known as Amazon Unbox initially. Later it became an on-demand video streaming channel due to which Amazon Change its name to Amazon Prime Video. And now it is one of the leading on-demand video streaming channels over the world. As from the name depicted it is owned by Amazon and an entertainment channel including videos, movies, TV shows, etc. In this article, we will discuss everything about Amazon Prime video from its benefits to its activation.
What does Amazon Prime Video Offer?
Amazon Prime video offer many benefits to their customers along with video streaming channel. First of all, you can use Amazon Prime on any device such as mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, streaming devices, and Smart TVs. Amazon advanced their services and also offer special discounts for the prime members in their catalog. Also, the Prime members will get their products delivered within one-day after placing order. In addition to Prime Video Amazon offers the following prime platforms:
- Prime Music: With the help of Prime Music you can listen to music anywhere at any time. Amazon provides access to over 5 million songs to their subscribers under Amazon Prime membership.
- Prime Reading: Prime reading includes thousands of e-books in both fiction and non-fiction. All e-books can be downloaded to phones for offline reading.
What is the cost of Prime Membership?
Amazon Prime Membership allows access to exclusive movies, series, and productions. You can subscribe to Amazon Prime Video for hands-on this unlimited talent. The subscription will give access to not only video streaming but also to many other things mentioned in the previous section. Amazon Prime video offer 30-day free trial to their customers so that they can enjoy it free of cost first. After the end of the trial period, the subscription amount will be deducted from your account as per the plan you choose. You can cancel your subscription anytime you want. If you are choosing a monthly subscription then it will cost you $5.99 per month and if you are choosing yearly subscription then it will cost you around $199 per year. So, you can choose your plan as per your need.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on TV via amazon.com/mytv?
As discussed above Amazon Prime video can be used on many devices and a Smart TV is one of them. We recommend you to use Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV so that you can spend quality time with your family and friends. If you don’t have a Smart TV then you can also mirror the computer or mobile phone to the television screen. Follow the below-stated steps to activate Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV:
- Connect your smart TV with an internet connection and then switch it on.
- Go to the app store of the TV and search for Amazon Prime Video application.
- Select the application and click on the “Install” button available on the screen.
- After installation launch, the application and an activation code will display on the screen.
- Save this code and grab a mobile or computer.
- Open the web browser and go to amazon.com/mytv.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video with your Amazon account credentials.
- Now at the activation page enter the activation code.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
After this process, your Smart TV will be activated to access Amazon Prime Video. If you find any problem during the process you can contact the customer care for help.